Wednesday, March 6, 2013

at
Date:
March 1, 2013   
Time:
Unknown  
Location:
Beloit, WI  
Crime Prevented:
  Robbery 
Description of Bad Guy(s):
 Eleazar Tate, 27, a convicted criminal on a work release program 
Description of Good Guy(s):
 Jacob Davenport, 31 
Type of Gun Used:
 Hand Gun
Outcome:
 Davenport shot at Tate after Tate attempted to rob him and then run him over in Davenport's driveway. Police believe that he was hit in the arm, but he has been hiding from police ever since. No one else was injured by the gunfire. Davenport was initially charged with 1st Degree Reckless Endangerment, but those charges were reduced to Improper Use of a Weapon, which carried a $177 fine. No word yet on an appeal.
Source(s):

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to comment about this case. I am Jacob Davenport and i wanted everyone to know that i was oraginally charged wirh 1st degree reckless endangerment and those charges were dropped on march 4th and i was released from jail. April 22nd i recieved a ticket for reckless use of a weapon. $177.00fine. Curiosity makes me ask what does anyone else feel about this? My life was threatened when they tryed to run me over with thier vehical in my driveway. firearm used was a smith&wesson sigma series 40. cal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jacob. We'll update your post with the relevant information and republish.

      Personally, I think you have every right to defend yourself and even though $177 is pretty cheap compared to 1st degree reckless endangerment charges, you shouldn't be charged or fined anything. As a disclaimer, I'm not a lawyer and don't have any more details besides what I read in the Gazette.

      Please keep us updated if you decide to fight it and we'll keep the page updated as well.

      Delete